There are times when we don’t know the exact name of file that we are looking for. At these times the search tools provided by Windows File Explorer can be useful. The Search tools provides you the features of searching your files on the basis of the time on which the file have been modified (i. e. Search by date). It also provide the features of searching by “file Type”, “Size” and many other properties. Hence creating the file search easier for its users.
By following the steps given below you can use the use the File Explorer Search Tools:
- Click on the search bar given at the right side of your file explorer.
- On clicking the Search bar, “Search Tools” tab will open at the top.
- To Search in all subfolders make sure the “All Subfolders” option is selected in Search tools.
- Here you can see all the other search options like, “Date modified”, “Kind”, “Size” and “Other properties”.
Search By “Date Modified”
- On clicking “Date Modified”, the search tools will show you many Date options to choose from.
- If you want to be more specific about the Date Modified, you can choose any of the above shown option.
- Then move the blinking towards the keyword (“datemodified:today” in the case below). It will show the calendar from where you can choose a more specific date. Search by “Kind”
Search by “Kind”
- From many of the given options, you can choose the kind of file you want to search in the system.
Search by “Size”
If you are specific about the size of the file you are looking for, you can go with this option. It will let you choose from a number of specified sizes. You can choose the option in which size your concerned file comes.
Search by “Other Properties”
This option gives you the right of searching your files on the basis of properties like “file extensions” and “tags” etc.