Chinese tech company Xiaomi on Wednesday launched the Mi A3 smartphone, its latest in the A series, which is powered by Google’s Android One Software.
The phone starts at Rs 12,999 for the 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal memory variant and will go on sale from August 23.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 has a glass sandwich design. There is Corning Gorilla Glass 5 at the front and back, as well as on the camera module, which should help the device resist scratches from day-to-day usage to some extent. The screen has a dewdrop notch at the top which houses the selfie camera. The Mi A3 has thin bezels on the sides, but the ones at the top and the bottom are relatively thicker. Xiaomi has opted for a plastic frame on the Mi A3 which was finished in chrome on our More Than White unit.
The Mi A3 has a USB Type-C port at the bottom with two grilles, though only the one on the right is a loudspeaker. Xiaomi has positioned the power and volume buttons on the right side, and these are easy to reach.
The hybrid dual-SIM tray is on the left side of the device. Xiaomi offers a triple camera setup at the back, along with a single-LED flash. The Mi A3 does not have a Mi A2-like rear-mounted fingerprint scanner since it sports an in-display one instead.
- AI triple camera, flagship-level performance.
- On-screen Fingerprint Sensor
- Sony 48MP sensor in the primary camera.
- 118° ultra-wide-angle lens
- Ultra wide-angle edge distortion correction
- Depth Sensor
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 665 AIE processor: 11nm process technology provides lower power consumption for longer battery life. Kryo™ 260 CPU | Adreno™ 610 GPU.
- 4030mAh (Typ) high-capacity battery: Supports 18W Fast Charge. Recover full battery faster than you can imagine.
- Powered by Android One: Always get the latest Google innovations
that helps you keep organized and productive.
- Gorilla Glass 5
- 128GB Storage, 6GB RAM – Rs. 15,999 ( onwards )
- 64GB Storage, 4GB RAMRs. 12,999 ( onwards )
- Excellent battery backup
- Sufficient storage
- Overall good performance
- Amazing display
- Impressive camera
- Great processor
- Timely Android updates
- Hybrid slot
- No full HD display
For more Technology related articles visit our Tech section.